Sunday, February 28, 2010

Genes – Some not so good

When we look at Emily, Kim and I see some reflections. Most are pretty good. She’s got Mom’s artistic abilities and thick hair and Dad’s long black eye lashes and his mind for math.

Unfortunately, not all inherited traits are good. Dad started wearing glasses at 3rd grade and he has been testing Emily for the past couple of years…All very scientific, of course. We’ll go to the mall and I’ll say “see that sign way over there? What does it say?” Some times she will answer “Dad, signs can’t say anything because they don’t speak”, but some times she will actually tell me. Well, here in Panama, she failed Dad’s test and earned a seat in an Optician’s chair.

Five days later she is wearing her new glasses and is thrilled with the restored clarity. Her eyes were not too bad, but it was good to get them here while we had the chance. Here is a picture of her with her new glasses.


We both think she looks pretty good.

We are still mostly proud of the genes we have passed on but I’m not looking forward to the day her full beard comes in!

Dad

6 comments:

Joseph Lawler said...

Wow - who's the cute chick in the glasses? Emily's replacement?

Uncle Joe

Bill K said...

Be sure she has a strap on hers like you have.

Bill Kelleher

Anonymous said...

Is that Em or Kim??
Pat

hploszaj said...

Hi Kim, went to the hygenists today. I had made a copy of Emily
in her new glasses and showed it to the girls and Dr. Beinstock.
No one recognized her. When I told them who it was, they couldn't believe how mature and beautiful she grown to.Good work!Stay safe.
XO Henrietta

Anonymous said...

I love emily's glasses they look AMAZING on her

Amanda Lawler

Sue M said...

Bill and I both said "Wow! She looks like a teenager!!" Very stylish! Lookin' Good Emily!...And probably seeing "good" too! (Lousy grammar but you know what I mean!)I wish I had a quarter of your hair!
Keep having fun!!
Hugs,
Sue