Friday, April 16, 2010

No Worries - We're still moving and Fine

We are almost half way into the passage and still moving steadily west.

The connection to the Panama HAM radio station that I use has been harder and harder to connect with. We are almost 1900 miles from there so I guess that is not surprising. What that means, however, is that my red position dots and reports for the blog can not be sent. I have spoken with a few other boats out here near us and they are finding the same problem. There is also a verbal HAM net that allows me to log a position report when I can hear them. I will do that when I am able.

So don't worry if you see fewer (or no) position dots or posts until we make landfall more than two weeks from now. So far we are fine and wishing we were there already.

On a happier front, we should not run out of food. I landed a longbill spearfish several days ago. It was about 5 feet long and my muscles were sore by the time I got her into the cockpit. I'm not sure of it's weight, but Kim filleted it into meal-size portions that filled a 5 gallon bucket. I was told that I am not allowed to fish again until we eat our way through most of this single catch!

We are chasing the setting sun and we will let you know if we ever catch it.

Tom
Posted via SSB (maybe)

No comments: